- I don't have to carry around a physical DVD and run the risk of losing it, damaging it, or having it stolen.
- Netflix usually has Closed Captioning which is great for English Language Learners.
- Netflix has an immense collection of movies, but also documentaries.
- Low price of $7.99
- I can drag the mouse along the bottom and see thumbnails of scenes to find the scene I'm looking for.
- Sometimes they temporarily remove a video as I found out this week. They removed Wallace & Gromit films! I'm not sure why, but I am utterly disappointed as I have to go to the store an actually purchase the DVD.
As we watched scenes from the documentary Birdmen to understand more about air pressure and flight, one of my students made the comment, "They show videos on Netflix?" Students often watch Youtube to find videos of amazing feats by athletes or other short snippets and refer to these as videos as opposed to "movies". I loved that we could have the discussion in my classroom that yes, there are other visual media besides "videos" on Youtube and that Netflix has more than just movies. These are documentaries and they have documentaries about EVERYTHING.