Please use the following graphic organizer to organize your questions, thoughts, reactions, and follow-up when you are communicating with Dr. Lomax. This will be a useful tool when you are making your presentations.
If you lost your sheet with the interview with Dr. Lomax and the deadlines, you can download and print it out again here:
Lost your flashcards? Download them again here:
The best flashcards from the Waves topic.
The way Arianny has cut his cards has given me ideas for making game pieces for a review game!! You could also add magnets and put them on the fridge. You could move them around and separate them into piles such as "Things I know", "Things I am OK with", and "Things I do not know."
Check out this New York Times article which states that music might be the key to success:
"Consider the qualities these high achievers say music has sharpened: collaboration, creativity, discipline and the capacity to reconcile conflicting ideas. All are qualities notably absent from public life. Music may not make you a genius, or rich, or even a better person. But it helps train you to think differently, to process different points of view — and most important, to take pleasure in listening."
Dogs can see less colors than people, but they have better night vision and they can hear higher sounds than we can:
Check out the following video on studying tips:
1) Chew gum of a unique flavor while studying and chew it again while taking the test. The taste will help jog your memory.
2) If you must record lectures, then play them back at 2X the speed to save time.
3) Type up your notes in Times New Roman because it is the fastest and easiest font to read
4) If you have to read a long passage, leave treats for yourself at certain passages to reward yourself for getting that far
5) If you listen to music while studying, listen to music without words because music with words will actually hurt your ability to retain information
6) Information can be retained by studying in different locations
7) Practice tests are the best form of studying because they train your brain to retrieve information
8) Get a good night's sleep since sleeping helps the brain to "save" files. Losing one night of sleep can actually mess you up for four days.
To check out the original video from Buzzfeed, click on the following link:
From now on, every time something vibrates, you must say that it is oscillating.
Joan's use of the word: "Ms. Garcia, my phone is oscillating."
Ms. Garcia, "WHAT?! How did you get your phone through scanning?!"
*disclaimer: Joan did not have his phone in class*
A device that measures particle vibration is called an oscilloscope.